- What is the optimal type of network connection to have for a Polycom video conferencing unit?
The optimal connection type would be a private IP connection with prioritized or dedicated bandwidth.
- Regarding the multipoint feature on the HDX 9000 systems, how many sites can be in a conference?
Four with the HDX 9001 and 9002. Eight on the 9004 with the bandwidth upgrade.
- Can the HDX 7000s be controlled by an external control system such as an AMX system?
The HDX 7000s cannot be controlled by an external system. However, the HDX 8000 and 9000 can be.
- On the HDX7002 there are two monitor outs; are both enabled or is a license that needs to be purchased to enable the second monitor out?
The HDX 7002 base unit does not include it but the HDX 7002 XL does.
- On average, how much bandwidth does an HD call require?
HD calls take 1 Mbps and 2 Mbps if you are sharing HD content.
- Is there away for someone to join a video conferencing session using a PC?
There is. Polycom offers the PVX v8.0 PC Conferencing Application (PN # 5151-22710-001) which is a license that allows a single user to participate in a video conference using a PC and web camera.