Cisco 8831, Multiplatform
This model of the Cisco Unified IP Conference Phone 8831 comes with multiplatform phone firmware installed, letting use Cisco's phone with a third-party SIP platform. It is certified to support Broadsoft and Centile, and has been tested to be interoperable with Asterisk.
Cisco 8831 is a professional network-enabled conference phone that connects to your VoIP platform using SIP. Cisco 8831 features wideband audio quality with speech enhancing technology to keep the speaker's voice clear. It uses four hemi-cardioid microphones with a 160° conical pattern to provide excellent coverage. With a two-element speaker featuring 92 db peak output, the conference phone is also loud enough that everyone will hear the conversation.
Cisco 8831 supports optional wired or wireless expansion microphones for larger rooms, or you can daisy chain two 8831 phones together to expand coverage. Cisco's networking expertise also means that your communications will be secure: 802.1x authentication, TLS signalling encryption, SRTP media cryption with AES-128, and more. 8831 is a PoE device.
Cisco 8831 IP Phone Quick Specs:
Note: this model is intended for third-party VoIP platforms, and does not work with Cisco call control.
- Compatible Platforms (as of July 2017):
- Asterisk: 1.8+
- Broadsoft: 19sp1, 20sp1, 21sp1
- Centile: Istra SP 9.2
- Connectivity Type: IP/VoIP
- Communications Protocol: SIP
- Lines: 1
- Wireless Protocol: DECT (for expansion mics)
- Ethernet Ports: 1x 10/100
- PoE: 802.3af Class 3
- Display: 3.25" x 1.5" 396x162 backlit graphical
- Speakerphone: full-duplex
- Frequency Range: 160 Hz - 20 kHz
- Microphones: 4x hemi-cardioid
- Coverage: 160°
- Audio Codecs: G.711, G.722, G.729a/ab, iLBC
- QoS: DHCP, 802.1Q/p
Cisco CP-8831-3PCC-K9 Multiplatform IP Phone Package Contents:
Note: AC power supply not included.
- CP-8831-3PCC-K9 base and control
- Quick start guide